ONRC member companies represent different parts of the larger network or Internet infrastructure industry. They share an interest in open networking and especially software defined networking. The Affiliates Program is supported by corporate membership fees of $150,000 per year and is designed to facilitate the relationship between academia and industry. These funds support research and facilitate the exploration of new innovative ideas. For more information about participating industries and professions, and related Stanford research, visit the "Projects" page on this web site.
This Agreement is effective when the company pays its first annual contribution to the ONRC Fund. The Agreement is considered renewed automatically upon each subsequent annual payment, and may be terminated by written notice from either Stanford University or the company to the other.
- Member companies are invited to twice-a-year review meetings.
- Member companies get opportunities to learn about research ideas and results in progress well before they are published.
- Member companies get opportunities to directly interface with professors, students and staff.
- Member companies often recruit students for summer internships as well as full time employment after graduation.
- The program also provides a unique venue for companies to interact with each other and together help make SDN successful.
- Member companies may be invited to send a Visiting Scholar to STANFORD under its standard terms and conditions specified in the STANFORD policies regarding Visiting Scholars http://doresearch.stanford.edu/policies/research-policy-handbook/non-faculty-research-appointments/visiting-scholars in effect as of the date such Visiting Scholar is designated.
USE OF OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE
The ONRC researchers will use and develop open-source software, and it is the intention of all ONRC researchers that any software released will be released under an open source model, such as the BSD open source license. The center is open to all Stanford faculty who share this goal.
Stanford University Policies Affecting Industrial Program Memberships
For more information, please contact:
650 725 4707